Saturday, March 31, 2007

Sheepscombe


While driving down the country roads, if there was a sign for a town that had 'Sheep' or 'Wool' in it, we'd turn down the lane and head for it. I'd say, "Ann, wanna go to Sheepscombe?" "Sure!" Screech. We found some lovely little villages this way, sometimes miles down the lane, but worth the drive. Some of these lanes were so narrow that the hedges were nearly scraping the car on both sides.
This was my first time driving on the other side of the road. I was apprehensive before taking off. When renting the car at the Cambridge train station, you are dumped right into busy traffic. With Ann's help, I overcame my fear and even became an aggressive driver, yelling at slow cars to get out of my way! We went around about a hundred round-a-bouts and only twice had to circle around more than once because we had missed our exit. There was a cop parked at one of the circles and we just waved as we went by the second time!

No comments: