Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fiber Fun


Last weekend I was a vendor at the Shenandoah Fiber Festival near Berryville, Virginia. This was the first time I did this show and it was really great. Saturday was a stormy day, intermittently raining, then windy, then a bit sunny, and raining again. The customers still came out to buy and even stayed in the buildings longer because of the rain.


My view looking out from my booth, full of autumn color. This was a small, manageable fiber show with only 3 buildings housing 65 vendors. My husband, Houston, was nice enough to help me out, setting up, writing tickets, packing up and even drove all the way to Cumberland (while I knit an entire handwarmer) Saturday night and back on Sunday morning (another handwarmer).


I had many familiar faces stopping by and plenty of new customers. It's always nice to see so many happy people, picking out colorful yarn to make them even happier. I had a nice time myself and will hopefully be back next year.


and when I got home, unloaded the car and truck, I poured a glass of wine, grabbed my current novel and sunk into the hot tub for a bit of R&R. ahhhhhh!

No comments: