Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Another Season Upon Us

Autumn....who doesn't like autumn?! The smells, the colors, the tucking in of summer (bye!), coming indoors earlier, and of course, the pumpkins, gourds and apples.

My kids (pictured: Aramin, Deidre and Garrett) were out on Sunday to celebrate Garrett's birthday. It was a beautiful day to stop in at David's pumpkin stand in Comus. He grows the most amazing gourds, heirloom, old fashioned, quirky, colorful and all edible. He's happy to give out a recipe for delicata or fairy tale squash.

My fave this year is the peanut or Galeux d'Eysines, a squash from France. It's warty and wonderful. 

They're beautiful and ugly at the same time.


Garrett scored a 22 pounder that he took on Metro with him that night. Yep, just me and my pumpkin!

The turban squash always amazes me. How it do dat?


Crates and crates of deliciousness. We've had squash soup a few times already, and even made squash pudding. I'm cutting some into wedges and grilling them with a bit of olive oil and salt. Yum!





Depth of Autumn
a few leaves on the tree
dancing
(haiku from the interwebs)






Autumn at Dancing Leaf Farm, ahhhh!

No comments: