Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Dye, Dye, Dye, Dye, Dye


 After a bit of a mini vacation (I'll tell in another post), it's back to the basement and my dye pots. Maryland Sheep & Wool Fest is a mere 5 days away and I always say, "If you don't make it, you can't sell it." I turn the 8 burners on at 7:00 a.m. and turn them off at 10:00 at night. Those stoves can crank it out. I've been through 4 dye stoves already.  

 I never tire of squirting color on yarn. It makes my happy.
 Especially this colorway....Carnival. It's a best seller. Guess it makes other people happy too.
 And I love looking out my kitchen window and seeing the yarn drying on the fence. People tell me they enjoy it when they drive by too. Luckily I've had a few days of sunny, breezy, warmish weather. 

 Mostly I've been dyeing 'Biggie', my yarn that consists of 6 different yarns, all dyed at the same time.
 Each yarn takes the dye a little differently which makes for diversity.
I love diversity! More teasers tomorrow.

No comments: