Saturday, October 27, 2012

Wool On the Hudson

I hauled Dancing Leaf Farm up to Rhinebeck, NY last weekend. 
Rhinebeck, or the Duchess County Sheep & Wool Festival, is the second largest wool fest in the country. (Maryland is numero uno). 

The fairgrounds were in full autumn color.

Saturday morning dawned bright and beautiful, after raining hard most of the day on Friday.

The crowds of fiber fanatics came early and stayed late, enjoying all forms of wooly goodness.

Dancing leaf Farm was set up for business.

The yarn was in its place, ready to be fondled, handled and hopefully bought.

'Biggie' spilled out of vintage suitcases.


Amelia was on her perch, looking fetching.

Natalie, my right arm woman, is getting the iPad ready. 

I have all sorts of customers drop in, some long time friends and some new faces. This lovely woman came by last year (adorned in bright pink) and I regretted not getting a photo of her awesome-ness.

Take a look at her amazing makeup. I love people pushing the style limits and this woman pulled it off.

I didn't catch her name but I remember her as Miss Marguerite Magnifico.

Sunday I was able to get away from the booth for a little walkabout. One of my favorite booths is go- Monkey Designs with her colorful designs. 

Bags, aprons, all made with whimsical fabric. 

You may come for hand dyed yarn, but you can also find buckets of color.

Even the sheep can find things they want and need.

What would a fair be without outrageous shakes?!

If you needed a colorful lucet, there were many to choose from.

Or advice about your spinning wheel from Man-in-Kilt. Santa was getting his orders in early.

I always like the orderly layers of wool fabric, dyed in old fashioned colors.

Because it was a bit cool, everyone was wearing their hand knit wearables. This 'Vortex' shawl caught my eye with its rainbow of colors. I hear it's not too hard to knit, so this one may be in my future. 

I listened to Peruvian music wafting through the air, watched little kiddos eating caramel apples rolled in sprinkles, saw thousands of people smiling and taking in all the luscious fiber, food, and fun. Natalie and I packed it all up and were on the road by 6:00. Record time! Until next year Rhinebeck... Ciao!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Due to this truth, lots of females favor these greаt v2 cigs.


Feеl free to visit my website: V2 Cigs Coupons