Tuesday, June 04, 2013

I Heart June

June, my favorite month of the year. And not because it's my birthday month. I am over the moon for June. June 21st is my favorite day of the whole entire year, the longest day of the year which means the shortest night of the year which means the most daylight to enjoy outdoors.

My garden is happiest in June. The weeds have not gotten out of control, all sorts of flowers are abloom, the grass is chartreuse and it usually rains every few days so I don't have to water.

We've already had three sunset parties. I send out an e-mail about 3:00 in the afternoon and neighbors wander over by 6:30 with wine and food. Sweet!

My veggie garden is all planted for now.

and producing so many salad greens, we eat it three times a day.



I scored this vintage settee last year and love having my morning coffee out here and reading the paper.

My Lovely June
O come sweet June, my lovely June
The month when first the roses bloom -
A wondrous, colourful display
By sunlight kissed throughout the day,
So chasing all my cares away.

And fixed above, the starry bull,
Glittering there, so beautiful,
Adorning thus the northern skies
Whene'er the dazzling daylight dies -
‘Tis like a glimpse of Paradise.

Then climbing high in heav'ns expanse
The sun ascends, to so enhance
The splendour that is all around.
O June, fair June, wherein abound
The seasons gifts, which full surround,

With flower petals soft unfurled
And vines around the trellis curled.
The grass is sweet and richly green
With shining luminescent sheen -
Your face, my June, a beauteous scene.

Carnations flourish through the years
Bursting forth from Mary's tears,
And Honeysuckle-scented air,
No other fragrance does compare -
I seek to ever tarry there.

O June, dear June, for you I wait -
My longing ever shall abate
When you recur with all your grace
To lift my heart and light my face,
And thus my soul to full embrace.

Such pure delight, all heaven sent,
O June, my June, you bring content.
‘Tis you for whom I ever yearn,
Awaiting thus your prized return -
O June, my lovely June sojourn. 



No comments: