Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Shindig, Part Two

Our adorable couple. I am so very happy for them. 

 Funny thing...I had a dress all picked out and got dressed while people were arriving. I called four women into my room to get their opinion on what I was wearing. I thought it was a bit 'bridey' but they all confirmed that it was off white and I looked great. So off I went to greet guests. My mom came running up and said "Deidre is wearing almost the exact same thing!" Awkward!!! Luckily I was by the back door to my bedroom and you never saw someone move so fast! 

My mom (Darlene), me (in something that looks nothing like Deidre's dress), 
Deidre's mom (Tanja) and Deidre

Darlene, Deidre, Tanja

I was so happy two of my brothers came for the shindig. My oldest brother, Doug and mom Darlene.


Krista and Darlene

Forrest and Michele

Forrest any my nieces, Shannon and Corey.

Georgia and Garrett

Georgia, Garrett and Gramma looking at photos

I think this is my favorite picture of the night. Deidre and her girlfriends jumping for joy.



Getting ready to cut the cake. Love the look of surprise on Deidre's face as our friend surprised us by playing his bagpipes.




Forrest's vintage bike made a great photo prop.



Michele and Forrest enjoying the 'ride'.


The photo 'booth' was very popular.


Aramin and my two brothers, Don and Doug

Don came from Phoenix and Doug from Kansas City. They were a great help on helping to get ready.

My niece, Corey

Deidre and friend (I think this is Brit)

Tanja and Deidre the day before the party



Duke and Sara

Forrest and Michele. Krista brought over so many great props, mink stoles, a fox (can't believe women seriously wore these!), hats, boas and wigs.


Houstons's brother, George and girlfriend, Carol


Forrest photo bombing Georgia and Garrett



The hosts, Houston and Dalis

Our neighbor Mike and his two brothers

Shannon and Corey

As the night came to an end, a small group of us sat and took the day in, thankful for clear weather (thunderstorms were forecast), for so many friends and family who came to celebrate and to wish the couple a great life together, with many, many years of happiness.

Goodnight and good wishes

3 comments:

Linda in Waterloo said...

Wow - these two party posts are flat out amazing! Congrats and very best wishes to the lucky couple. What a labour of love! Just fantastic! Thank you for allowing a peek.

mcneawe said...

click this t6m97u3t09 replica louis vuitton handbags replica bags chicago look here m0o26s5s21 luxury replica bags replica bags online replica goyard bags take a look at the site here w1z85d8g54 replica bags in london

Unknown said...

i4t78q0z32 f2q53b0b10 k4q18p8k98 n7j96i5x31 r3o01n4p43 s3e55m4p02