Thursday, December 12, 2013

Patchwork Felt


I've been a busy little elf making things for the holiday studio tour. I enjoy creating these nuno felt shawls, what I call 'PatchWork' because they're made with patches of silk and other bits of fluff.

I've named this one 'Sienna'. Pieces of patterned silk, sometimes sari silk, organza and crepe hang asymmetrically from the main silk scarf.

It can be worn many different ways. 



'Ocean Breeze'


These felt brooches are made to go with each shawl. 

Of course I had to do a red one for the holiday season.

And this is one of my Ruffled series, a bright Christmas red.

All these are available for sale at the Countryside Artisans' Holiday Studio Tour or on etsy.

1 comment:

Susan Spins said...

Beautiful shawls Dalis. Thank you for sharing, your work is very inspiring. Hope you had a great holiday showing